Cyber Advisors is located in Maple Grove, MN, is looking for an experienced Project Manager. CA is a steadily growing IT managed services provider (MSP) business that specializes in a very high-quality, customer-focused approach to designing, managing, and maintaining our customer's IT environment. We have invested a tremendous amount of time to develop our technology, processes, and support platform. We are now adding to our team of outstanding individuals to help in our growth. Come grow with us!Apply
Cyber Advisors has been the recipient of multiple Top Companies to Work For awards by both Twin Cities Magazine and Star Tribune. Come and join a team where we solve a wide array of technology tasks, build individual skill sets, and have a good time doing it! We are looking to add a Project Manager to our team. Cyber Advisors provides employees opportunities for growth and learning while servicing a dynamic customer base. Our customers depend on us as their technology consultants and you will be expected to play a major role in our growth and success. You will also build your own skill set as you are exposed to many different types of applications, environments, and platforms.
- Highly competitive pay based on experience
- Great opportunities for career advancement
- Cyber Advisors fully pays Medical and Dental plan for employee
- 401k with employer matching
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Bonuses eligible
- Vacation and paid time off
- Working with dynamic clients and the latest coolest technology
If you are a hard-working, easy-going and experienced individual with a strong work ethic, we’d love to talk to you.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate issues to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third-parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Deploy related project management technologies to aid in the successfully and efficient management of technical projects
- Maintain job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations
- Present new concepts to management team and perform internal training as required
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Candidate should have a background in business skills, management, budgeting and analysis
- Proven working experience as a Project Manager, preferably in the information technology sector
- Solid technical background preferred, with understanding or hands-on experience in various information technologies
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong working knowledge of project management tools
- CAPM, PMP, CPM or APMC certifications is a plus
Experience and Minimum Qualifications:
Enthusiasm and Motivation: Project Manager is highlight motivated, maintains high energy levels, drive, and enthusiasm to achieve Cyber Advisors, and personal objectives.
Communication: Maintains and enhances communication and relationship skills at all levels. Understands the client relationship requirement. Able to communicate technical and business information to widely varied audiences.
Quality Control Review: Reviews tasks to ensure quality meets or exceeds standards.
Teamwork: Identifies with the business mission of Cyber Advisors and is motivated to achieve that mission, recognizes and contributes to achievement of Cyber Advisors’s overall objectives and is success orientated.
Business Focus: Maintains a business perspective to solutions developed and implemented. Maintains knowledge of strategic, conceptual, consultative approach.
Professionalism: Maintains consistently high standards, attends to details, always gives full attention, fully documents material changes to systems setups. Strong analytical skills
Flexibility: Maintains effectiveness in different situations, is receptive to new ideas.
Timely Response/Accessibility: Available when needed and responsive when called. Responds positively and quickly to client issues and Cyber Advisors’s requirements and meets deadlines while at the same time effectively balances competing priorities. Ability to multi-task and be able to represent multiple subjects and products.
Judgment/Decision Making: Is prepared to make independent decisions rather than defer. Makes decisions based on logical assumptions, demonstrates mature and balanced judgment. Has ability to develop a broad awareness of the client’s technical architecture and emerging technologies with enough knowledge to determine what is and is not possible.
Knowledge: Keeps abreast of new products and services and delivery methods and passes knowledge of these on to others.
Proactive: Identifies problems and needs, proposes appropriate solutions, anticipates needs and responds accordingly.
Progress Reporting: Proactively communicates issues and progress to management.
- Minimum 6 years of increasingly responsible experience, with at least three years of managing increasingly complex projects in a technical environment
- Able to work effectively and efficiently toward goals in a complex, diverse environment with multiple and changing demands
- Thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of own professional discipline
- Thorough understanding of project management phases, techniques and tools
- Strong and tested project management skills, including sponsor and risk management
- Understands who is the client and the client’s needs to provide realistic expectations
- Establishes specific customer satisfaction standards and actively monitors client satisfaction
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently with general guidelines
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and research problems of a complex nature, make judgment decisions and recommendations as to their solution
- Occasional travel required for larger projects or training needs
- Previous engineering or consulting-practice experience a plus