Process Improvement Manager
Cyber Advisors Inc, (CAI) located in Maple Grove, MN, is looking for an experienced Process Improvement Manager. CAI is a steadily growing IT managed services provider (MSP) business that specializes in a very high-quality, customer-focused approach to designing, managing, and maintaining our customer's IT environment. We have invested a tremendous amount of time to develop our technology, processes, and support platform. We are now adding to our team of outstanding individuals to help in our growth. Come grow with us!Apply
Cyber Advisors, Inc. has been the recipient of multiple Top Companies to Work For awards by both Twin Cities Magazine and Star Tribune. Come and join a team where we solve a wide array of technology tasks, build individual skill sets, and have a good time doing it! We are looking to add a Process Improvement Manager to our team. Cyber Advisors provides employees opportunities for growth and learning while servicing a dynamic customer base. Our customers depend on us as their technology consultants and you will be expected to play a major role in our growth and success. You will also build your own skill set as you are exposed to many different types of applications, environments, and platforms.
- Highly competitive pay based on experience and skills
- Great opportunities for career advancement
- Employer paid Health and Dental Insurance for CAI employee
- 401k with employer matching
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Bonuses eligible
- Vacation and PTO
- Working with dynamic clients and the latest coolest technology
If you are a hard-working, easy-going and experienced individual with a strong work ethic, we’d love to talk to you.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
Cyber culture is like no other. First and foremost, we believe in taking care of our employees and their families. Whether we are blowing off steam on the company-owned boat club, gathering for a fun summer family picnic, or hosting sales –vs- engineering paintball war, we play just as hard as we work. We believe good things come to those who sweat.
The process improvement manager will capture, create, and maintain our core and master processes. Activities include participation in discoveries across the organization to iterate and build process models that represent current and future state of operations. This position will first focus on our client onboarding and new hire onboarding processes. This role will focus on process metrics and service level agreement targets and work on improvements for operations.
- Demonstrate ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrate ability to proactively look for process improvement opportunities, challenge conventional practices, and adopt new methods and best practices
- Focused on continuous self-improvement
- Demonstrate verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels of the organization, clearly and concisely present issues, alternatives, and recommendation(s)
- Strong documentation skills, ability to clearly record key information
- Appreciation of business, goals and objectives, strategies, and needs
- Demonstrate ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, aggressive targets and deadlines
- Demonstrate understanding of priorities and effective work procedures, self-manage work time and prioritize multiple tasks and problems
- Passion for great customer service
- Long standing curiosity and love of technology
- Excellent phone, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously
- High quality, detail-oriented approach to work
- Well developed organizational skills
- Reliable and punctual
- Interest in building a long term career position
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and research problems of a complex nature, make judgment decisions and recommendations as to their solutio
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience
- Lean Six Sigma – Obtain within first year
- ITIL Foundations – Obtain within first year