Microsoft Cloud Engineer
Cyber Advisors Inc, (CAI) located in Maple Grove, MN, is looking for an experienced Microsoft Cloud Engineer. CAI is a steadily growing IT managed services provider (MSP) business that specializes in a very high-quality, customer-focused approach to designing, managing, and maintaining our customer's IT environment. We have invested a tremendous amount of time to develop our technology, processes, and support platform. We are now adding to our team of outstanding individuals to help in our growth. Come grow with us!Apply
Cyber Advisors, Inc. has been the recipient of multiple Top Companies to Work For awards by both Twin Cities Magazine and Star Tribune. Come and join a team where we solve a wide array of technology tasks, build individual skill sets, and have a good time doing it! We are looking to add a Microsoft Cloud Engineer to our team. Cyber Advisors provides employees opportunities for growth and learning while servicing a dynamic customer base. Our customers depend on us as their technology consultants and you will be expected to play a major role in our growth and success. You will also build your own skill set as you are exposed to many different types of applications, environments, and platforms.
The Microsoft Cloud Engineer role is a senior-level consulting position within the Cyber Advisors Project Team. This post-sales position is customer-facing and consists of the delivery of business-transformation technology projects, as well as providing consulting services for next-generation projects and services. The Microsoft Cloud Engineer role is a responsible and trusted member of the customer’s technology team, relied upon to provide exceptional services and solutions that make a visible and valued contribution to customer goals.
Cyber Advisors Project Engineers deliver technical designs, implementations, and support services.
This role is focused on Azure-based Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) solutions, including:
- Working with dynamic clients and the latest coolest technology
- Designing Azure deployments based on customer requirements, best practices, and following patterns and practices developed by Cyber Advisors
- Automating Azure tasks using PowerShell
- Moving or expanding Active Directory from on premise to Azure
- Migration of workloads into Azure
- Microsoft Teams
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft 365 platform
Experience with governance and compliance within the Microsoft 365 platform
- In-depth knowledge of Azure architecture and design
- Experience with Azure IaaS deployments, both simple and advanced
- Working knowledge of Azure ARM templates
- Experience on usage of monitoring tools such as Nagios, Azure monitor, Splunk, etc.
- Knowledge or experience in Azure Security aspects to secure infrastructure
- Experience with hypervisor platforms including latest versions of Microsoft Hyper-V and VMWare ESXi
- Experience with the Windows 2008 R2-2019 Server platform, Active Directory design, tuning and troubleshooting
- Exposure to e-mail systems including Exchange 2007-2019, Exchange Online & Exchange Hybrid configurations
- Familiarity with cloud storage systems (BLOB, etc.) and hardware-based devices (Dell Compellent or similar, NAS devices, Backup Appliances, etc.)
- Experience with performing 3rd party and non-biased hybrid and public cloud assessments
- Experience with PaaS architecture and migrations is a plus
- Experience with multiple cloud management solutions is a plus
- Experience with true hybrid cloud management planes such as Azure Stack, VMWare vRealize, VMWare Cloud
- Foundation, and AWS Outpost is a plus
- Experience with non-Microsoft cloud platforms such as AWS, Google, etc. is a plus
- Dedication to customer satisfaction and getting it right the first time.
- Demonstrate ability to explain complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Strong trouble-shooting skills across a broad and diverse population and environment.
- Demonstrate ability to proactively look for process improvement opportunities, challenge conventional practices, and adopt new methods and best practices. Also focused on continuous self-improvement.
- Demonstrate verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels of the organization, clearly and concisely present issues, alternatives, and recommendation(s).
- Strong technical documentation skills, ability to clearly record key information within ticketing and knowledge base systems.
- Appreciation of internal customer business, goals and objectives, strategies, and needs.
- Demonstrate ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, aggressive targets, and deadlines.
- Demonstrate understanding of priorities and effective work procedures, self-manage work time and prioritize multiple tasks and problems.
Education and Certifications:
The successful candidate will hold:
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Computer Science or Business or an equivalent level of work experience.
- 5 years of Experience with Microsoft products.
- Microsoft Azure certifications such as:
- Cloud Platform MCSE
- Cloud Platform MCSA
- Azure Admin Associate
- Certification in selected Microsoft Cloud services is required as well as experience. If you have not previously attained Microsoft Azure Certification, you must pass the required exams within your first 90 days using self-study and on-the-job training.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Being responsive to company/project emergencies and availability after-hours is part of this position. Some out-of-state travel might also be required.
- This position includes both on-site and remote work activities.
- Highly competitive pay based on experience and skills
- Great opportunities for career advancement
- Employer paid Health and Dental Insurance for CAI employee
- 401k with employer matching
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Bonuses eligible
- Vacation and PTO
If you are a hard-working, easy-going and experienced individual with a strong work ethic, we’d love to talk to you.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
Cyber culture is like no other. First and foremost, we believe in taking care of our employees and their families. Whether we are blowing off steam on the company-owned boat club, gathering for a fun summer family picnic, or hosting sales –vs- engineering paintball war, we play just as hard as we work. We believe good things come to those who sweat.