Helpdesk Engineer – Small Business Division
Cyber Advisors is searching for a Helpdesk Engineer - Small Business Division. The qualified individual will provide tier one and two technical assistance to end users computer systems concerning the use of computer hardware, software, and installation.Apply Now
Cyber Advisors, has been the recipient of multiple Top Companies to Work For awards by both Twin Cities Magazine and Star Tribune. Come and join a team where we solve a wide array of technology tasks, build individual skill sets, and have a good time doing it! We are looking to add a Helpdesk Engineer- Small Business Division. Cyber Advisors provides employees opportunities for growth and learning while servicing a dynamic customer base. Our customers depend on us as their technology consultants and you will be expected to play a major role in our growth and success. You will also build your own skill set as you are exposed to many different types of applications, environments, and platforms. We believe a healthy work-life balance is paramount to the success of our team.
You will work at our Minnetonka, Minnesota location (until February 2024, then you will move to our Maple Grove office) supporting our small to medium-sized business clients over the phone and via remote support tools. You will troubleshoot hardware & software, setup user accounts and profiles, and provide great customer service.
- Highly competitive pay based on experience
- Great opportunities for career advancement
- Cyber Advisors fully pays Medical and Dental plan for employee
- 401k with employer matching
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Bonuses eligible
- Vacation and paid time off
- Working with dynamic clients and the latest coolest technology
If you are a hard-working, easy-going and experienced individual with a strong work ethic, we’d love to talk to you.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
Examples of Work Performed
- Balance daily work load, answering and prioritizing calls and tickets
- Install, support and troubleshoot software and hardware issues remotely
- Gather technical information for Engineer or on-site escalations
- Be part of rotation responding to after-hours calls and emergencies to mitigate client downtime
- Perform on-site dispatches at client sites when necessary
- Maintain client accounts with special attention to security on all data and voice systems
- Exceed customer expectations of service and know-how on a daily basis
- Maintain internal knowledgebase and ticketing information on an ongoing basis
- Perform routine maintenance updates
- Box up and ship hardware to clients as requested
- Build PCs
- Put server hardware together
- Build virtual windows servers
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong PC Operating System, hardware, and networking fundamentals
- Active Directory: managing user accounts, security groups, and permissions
- LAN Fundamentals: file servers, file and folder permissions, print servers
- ISP Flow/Outage Fundamentals
- Spam Filtering Fundamentals
- Data Backup and Restore Fundamentals
- Security: identifying and resolving malicious software issues
- Strong interpersonal skills required to effectively communicate with users and vendors
- Willingness to work as part of a team to deliver quality service to our clients
- Strong work ethic
- Time management and task prioritization skills
- Education: MCSA or two-year college degree in Information Technology; or equivalent experience.
- The Cyber Advisors Service Desk is not an entry level position and will require a combination of skills and experience for consideration.
- Two years related experience with helpdesk/desktop support in a professional environment
- Call center or client-facing experience