Business Systems Engineer
Cyber Advisors (CA) located in Maple Grove, MN, is looking for an experienced Business Systems Engineer. CA is a steadily growing IT managed services provider (MSP) business that specializes in a very high-quality, customer-focused approach to designing, managing, and maintaining our customer's IT environment. We have invested a tremendous amount of time to develop our technology, processes, and support platform. We are now adding to our team of outstanding individuals to help in our growth. Come grow with us!Apply
Cyber Advisors, Inc. has been the recipient of multiple Top Companies to Work For awards by both Twin Cities Magazine and Star Tribune. Come and join a team where we solve a wide array of technology tasks, build individual skill sets, and have a good time doing it! We are looking to add a NOC Engineer to our team. Cyber Advisors provides employees opportunities for growth and learning while servicing a dynamic customer base. Our customers depend on us as their technology consultants and you will be expected to play a major role in our growth and success. You will also build your own skill set as you are exposed to many different types of applications, environments, and platforms.
- Highly competitive pay based on experience
- Great opportunities for career advancement
- Cyber Advisors fully pays Medical and Dental plan for employee
- 401k with employer matching
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Bonuses eligible
- Vacation and paid time off
- Working with dynamic clients and the latest coolest technology
If you are a hard-working, easy-going and experienced individual with a strong work ethic, we’d love to talk to you.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
The Business Systems Engineer will assist with alerts generated by our various tool stacks in priority and with urgency. You will need to troubleshoot these alerts and make sure alerting is accurate. It will be necessary for you to find the root cause of the alert and what action is needed to fix the issue or if it will need escalation. At times assistance with these tools will be needed from clients or internal users that you will need to assist with tier 1 or 2 items.
Collaborate with Cyber Advisors employees and customer stakeholders to develop/improve the overall performance, documentation, automation, processes, and integrations for a variety of systems used by the Cyber Advisors.
The candidate will need to maintain a true desire to deliver results with a sense of urgency, utilizing best practices, technical skills/experiences, common sense, and best judgment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
All areas of responsibility listed below are essential to the satisfactory performance of this position, with reasonable accommodation, if necessary. Any non-essential functions are assumed to be included in “other related duties as assigned”:
Service Delivery (75%)
- Assist with client onboarding and off-boarding projects.
- Monitor and address client alerts (i.e., Down Servers, Network Alerts, Security Alerts, Backup Alerts, and Critical System Alerts).
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize work while managing several issues.
- Other duties as assigned – Any non-essential functions are assumed to be included.
- Troubleshoot ConnectWise and other tools in our stack that might be having issues.
- Assist with system stack automation and help drive business-wide efficiency and performance.
- Developing and maintaining systems documentation of new and existing system processes.
- Improve existing reports, data sets, automation, processes, documentation, and systems across different departments.
NOC Operations (25%)
- Provide support and tools to diagnose end-user issues and monitor service and systems health.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and assist internal users with our other network monitoring software, backup solutions, and anti-viruses.
Experience and Minimum Qualifications:
The successful candidate will hold:
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Computer Science or Business or an equivalent level of work experience.
- Vendor certificates for:
- Anti Viruses
- Backup Solutions
- Firewalls and Networking
- Dedication to customer satisfaction and getting it right the first time.
- Demonstrate ability to explain complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Strong trouble-shooting skills across a broad and diverse population and environment.
- Demonstrate ability to proactively look for process improvement opportunities, challenge conventional practices, and adopt new methods and best practices. Also focused on continuous self-improvement.
- Demonstrate verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels of the organization, clearly and concisely present issues, alternatives, and recommendation(s).
- Strong technical documentation skills, ability to clearly record key information within ticketing and knowledge base systems.
- Appreciation of internal customer business, goals and objectives, strategies, and needs.
- Demonstrate ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, aggressive targets, and deadlines.
- Demonstrate understanding of priorities and effective work procedures, self-manage work time, and prioritize multiple tasks and problems.
- Requires US citizenship and the ability to pass a background check.
Supported tools stack includes, but is not limited to:
- ConnectWise Suite (PSA, Automate, ITBoost, BrightGuage, RMM)
- ESET MSP
- Arctic Wolf
- Cisco Umbrella
This position is also listed under ConnectWise Admin Title